Mingara Medical is now carrying out skin prick allergy testing. Please contact reception to book.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ALLERGY TEST
Your allergy test appointments consist of two appointments:
- Allergy Assessment visit with the GP & blood test if deemed necessary (20mins)
- Allergy Clinic visit for skin prick test with your allergy nurse & GP (1 hour)
- When you book in for your test you will be given a questionnaire and consent form to complete & bring to your assessment.
- During this visit the GP will also advise you of any medications that need to be ceased prior to the skin prick testing.
- The GP will also discuss whether blood testing is required and if so, you will be given a referral to have your blood test on this day.
ALLERGY CLINIC VISIT
- Our allergy nurse carries out the skin prick test, after which you wait 15 minutes for reactions, which will then be measured.
- The GP will discuss the results with you and forms of treatment that would be most suitable, ie, allergen immunotherapy, medications, avoidance, etc.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel within 48 hours of the appointment time to allow us to book patients in from the waiting list.
- Allergy test should not be done when your asthma is unstable or when you are generally unwell so if this is the case then please contact us as early as possible to reschedule.
- DO NOT apply moisturiser to your skin on the day of your allergy test
ALLERGY CLINIC COSTS
|Allergy Clinic Skin Prick Testing||$250||$122.20||$127.80|
|Total Out Of Pocket:||$156.10|
|Blood tests if required||$55|