We strive to ensure you are happy with the care you receive from our staff and Doctors at Mingara Medical. If you have any concerns about your care please speak with our Practice Manager, Kate or your Doctor.
If your problem remains unresolved you may contact Health Care Complaints Commission 1800 043 159.
Many people ask…..”Why does the receptionist have to ask what’s wrong with me?”
It’s not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
Our reception staff are members of our practice team, and it has been agreed that they may ask “why you need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive;
- The most appropriate medical care,
- The most appropriate health professional,
- At the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients……..
- To help doctors prioritise patients and ensure that if you or your family are very sick, they get to see a doctor quickly.
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care.
- To direct patients to see the nurse rather than a doctor where appropriate.
RECEPTION STAFF LIKE ALL MEMBERS OF THE MINGARA MEDICAL TEAM ARE BOUND BY CONFIDENTIALITY RULES, BUT IF YOU FEEL AN ISSUE IS VERY PRIVATE THEN THIS WILL BE RESPECTED.