Some of the general practitioners consulting from the Mingara Medical Consulting Rooms offer a wide range of specialised skin cancer medicine. They value the importance of preventative medicine and considering the sunny, coastal environment we live in, they see this as a very important part of the medical services they provide. There are several doctors co-working at Mingara Medical who are highly trained in more complex procedures including skin grafts and local flaps.
Their specialised skin cancer services includes:
- Complete skin checks with appropriate equipment.
- A full range of further diagnostic services including punch and shave biopsies.
- A small, in practice, theatre area suitable for a variety of skin procedures including excisions of skin cancers.
- Skin grafts
- Delayed closure of cancers (to ensure adequate clearance)
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Other treatment options including cryotherapy which is suitable for some skin cancers.
- Advice on prevention and medical management of pre-cancerous and some skin cancers including topical prescription creams.
Several doctors have done advanced training with the Skin Cancer College of Australasia. Please check with the reception staff to get further information.