We strive to ensure you are happy with the care you receive from our staff and the consulting Doctors at the Mingara Medical Consulting Rooms. If you have any concerns about your care please speak with our Practice Manager or your Doctor.
If your problem remains unresolved you may contact Health Care Complaints Commission, Locked Bag 18, Strawberry Hills, NSW, 2012. PH: 1800043159.
Whilst it is understood that patients will on occasion need to contact their doctor, generally phone calls will not be put through directly to the doctor whilst they are consulting with another patient. Leave a message with reception or email us, with an outline of the reason for the call/email, and a receptionist, nurse or doctor will endeavour to return your call at their earliest time practical to address your requirement. We do not respond to SMS.
Many people ask…..”Why does the receptionist have to ask what’s wrong with me?”
It’s not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
Our reception staff may ask “why you need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive;
- The most appropriate medical care,
- The most appropriate health professional,
- At the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients……..
- To help doctors prioritise patients and ensure that if you or your family are very sick, they get to see a doctor quickly.
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care.
- To direct patients to see the nurse rather than a doctor where appropriate.
RECEPTION ARE BOUND BY CONFIDENTIALITY RULES, BUT IF YOU FEEL AN ISSUE IS VERY PRIVATE THEN THIS WILL BE RESPECTED.