Dr Frederik Steyn graduated from medical school in 2004. He then completed a Diploma in
Anesthesiology from the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa. He moved to Canada to work as a full
time rural GP Anesthesiologist in 2008.
He specialised as a Family Physician in Canada and was also a clinical lecturer with the Department of
Family Physicians with the University of Alberta. He is currently also a Fellow of the Royal Australian
Colleges of General Practitioners of Australia.
He enjoys all aspects of General Practice, especially sports and acute care medicine. Fred also has an interest in skin cancer medicine.
He loves spending time outdoors with his young family. He is a keen mountain biker and he is motivated
to start dabbling in water sports on the lovely Central Coast, which he hopes to call home for the rest of
- Children under 16 years of age will be bulk billed for most services.
- Gold & White card DVA Card Holders will be bulk billed via DVA
- Patients over 70 years of age are bulk billed at the Doctors discretion (note some Doctors are private billing only)
- Patients 16-70 years of age with Commonwealth Health Care or Pensioner Card will be billed at a reduced rate
- All other patients attract a private billing
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Standard Consult $85 (rebate $39.10)
Long Consult $125 (rebate $75.75)
Standard Consult HCC/Pension $65 (rebate $39.10)
Long Consult HCC/Pension $105 (rebate $75.75)
** Payment is required at the time of the consult
SATURDAY (PRIVATE BILLING ALL PATIENTS)
Standard Consult $89 (rebate $39.10)
Long Consult $129 (rebate $75.75)